If you are eating healthy, you already know the world healthiest patterns. But there are days, that all of us want something sweet to feed the souls. With this recipe your kitchen will be invaded by the scent of baked cake. A simple recipe but with a guaranteed result.
Lemon cake, the recipe
- 180 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 115 g of butter at room temperature
- 170 g of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 120 ml of buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C and grease / grease a 22 cm loaf pan. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- In the bowl of a planetary mixer equipped with a spatula (or alternatively using an electric whisk), combine the butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Using the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then beat the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- With the mixer at a minimum, add about a third of the flour mixture and mix until almost homogeneous, then add half of the buttermilk and mix until well blended.
- Repeat with another third of the flour mixture and then the last half of the buttermilk, finishing with the last third of the flour.
- Turn the dough into the pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until the cake is golden. Cooking times may vary, so be careful.
- Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes and serve.